1.09.2009

Happy 2009

Nearly 10 days into the New Year, I find myself in shock and denial. I have no resolutions, no goals, no recap of the things I learned in 2008. Instead, I am passive. Blame it on the never ending cold, I was tired maybe, of setting goals, wanting change. I could name five things I'd accomplished that I wanted to last year, and almost ten I didn't. I'd felt like the world was beating me, and that I'd never grow into the godly person I'd want to be for the rest of my life.

But then, I remember a verse and look it up on bible.com:

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

It's easy to get bogged down by disappointment in ourselves, in the world. So I would say, that for everyone, a good thing to do at the start of the year, is make a clean slate. Not just in your relationships with people, or even cleaning your house, mind, and body, but refresh your perspective and love of Jesus. Be renewed, not just this once, but daily of who He is. In the end, small things, like time and trials will melt away in view of His infinite glory.

No comments: